Monday, February 25, 2013

Purim is like Yom Kippur??!!!!


I thought you would appreciate this "mistake" that turned out to be just perfect for Purim...

The local newspaper - Red Rock News - in Sedona, Arizona, listed my weekly column on the religion page at the very top this week (They rotate the notices from all the churches and our synagogue), and added a heading about our Purim Celebration, plus a graphic they found somewhere. At first glance I assumed it would be part of a Megillah scroll, but as I looked more closely I saw it was actually a page of a Yom Kippur Machzor... upside down!!! So I thought, what a silly mistake they made.... and then.... I realized, No, how absolutely perfect!!!


Yom ha-Kippurim Yom k'Purim!!!! The Day of Atonement is like Purim!
http://www.aish.com/h/pur/t/dt/48949286.html

I realized that they had taught me something about the deeper meanings of Purim that I thought I had known, but now "got it" in a new way!!!

 
Had to share!!

Hag Purim Sameach!

Rabbi Alicia Magal, Sedona, AZ




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment