Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Exciting and humbling award

http://www.sedona.biz/news-from-sedona/sedona-community-foundation-announces-2014-spirit-of-sedona-award-winners/ 

Here is a link to a description of the upcoming Sedona Community Foundation Awards. I have been honored with the Philanthropist of the Year Award.  I feel that choosing me a the winner is a symbol of everyone's capacity to do good in the community, and to encourage others to offer their passion and talents to groups that work for the environment, the hungry, the needy; to organizations that enhance education, arts, safety, quality of life for the elderly, etc.

Compared to others who have been honored with the Philanthropist of the Year Award, I have very modest means... so I understand this award as a break-through decision for the local awards committee, empowering many more people to feel that their efforts are worthy, needed, important, effective.

I am truly humbled by this honor.

I'll post something after the awards ceremony that will take place on November 16. 

Rabbi Alicia Magal

No comments:

Post a Comment