Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Coffee Talk

First Tuesday of the month starting August 4, I am  sitting at the Java Love Cafe in Sedona to meet anyone who wishes to come speak to me.  My friend, Angela LeFevre, who serves on our local Sedona City Council, also will be available for people to ask her questions. We set up two adjoining tables, and people came first to one of us, then switched to the other, and asked all kinds of questions.  To me, they wanted to know about the Blood Moon ( I had to look that one up!!) as well as questions about a spiritual path and how Judaism teaches awareness of time.  Great discussion of "sacred time."  To Angela, they posed questions about whether it is a good thing or not to have Sedona designated a National Monument. I look forward to the next informal meeting at the cafe, Sept. 1.
Rabbi Alicia Magal in Red Rock Rabbi cap and holding Jewish Community of Sedona mug

Terrie Frankel, standing on left, came by. Hubbetzin Itzhak Magal standing on right checked that I was ok.
Angela LeFevre is sitting between Itzhak and me.
We combined tables for this photo at one moment during the Coffee Talk visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment